Sunday, July 15, 2012

Goals-Summer re-visit

I go back to work tomorrow for the 2012-2013 school year.  I am starting a new adventure in a new position, at a new school.  I am really excited.  It is hard to believe my summer is over, but it was great.  I spent quality time with the kids, got a lot done around my house, and relaxed.  I thought it would be a good time to revisit my yearly goals.  I tend to neglect this blog more than I used to, I guess I am just too busy. 

1.  Exercise 3 times a week.  That is not at all what is should be, but it is realistic!
I started Jillian Michael's 30 day shred.  I am hoping to get on the elliptical three times a week before work. 
2.  Go on actual date nights with my husband once a month.  Seriously, anyone who has kids and says that they don't need these are full of it!
Nope, still not happening...
3.  On a different note, go on "me" time once a month that does not include my nails or hair!
Well, my me time basically consists of grocery shopping.  Ahh, the life of a mom!
4.  Every three months, have a fun day with each child, separately!
Still working on this. 
5.  Pay off our truck this year!
Can I get a WOO-HOO!!  Paid it off last ,month.  But, go figure that my husband's air in his truck went out.  His truck is 14 years old, so we are deciding what to do.  Can't catch a break!
6.  Pay off our last credit card!
Getting closer.  Maybe the solution is me staying away from Kohl's.....nah!!
7.  Find another job.  Yup, that is what I said.....lots of details to work out, but the time has come to look on the other side of the rainbow!
Can I get another WOO-HOO!! I am going to be an Instructional Growth Teacher for another school in my district.  I will be working closely with new teachers and I can not be more happy!
8.  Re-do our laundry room.
I bought decor and new curtains two weeks ago.  Hubby installed shelving yesterday, primed it today, and now we are just waiting on paint. 
9.  Organize old pictures in frames and boxes.  You know, the old light oak that used to be in style....time to repaint and re-hang.
I almost finished this project.  All frames have been re-painted and they turned out great.  I bought a stencil for the wall and I am ready to hang pictures around it.  Hopefully get that done this week.
10.  Try 2 new recipes a month.  I have a ton "pinned" on Pinterest, let's get cookin!
I would claim success on this one.  Love me some Pinterest!!
11.  Re-decorate youngest daughter's room to a "big girl room"   AHHH!
I have decided to wait on this.  Not sure how I want to decorate yet.
12.  Save $100.00 a month into savings!
Yes, but may be gone if/when we decide to fix hubby's truck.
13. Go to therapy - are you still reading this......
Still want/need to do this.  Who couldn't use someone they don't know to vent to?  :)
14.  Plant a container garden!
I did more than a container garden.  They started off this way, but then my hubby built an above ground system for me.  I planted strawberries, watermelon, cantaloupe, three types of peppers, jalapenos, cucumbers, zucchini, and tomatoes.  I have not gotten as much as I thought I was going to.  I have gotten about 10 tomatoes, one orange pepper, and many strawberries.  My first zucchini is sprouting right now.  Hoping for more luck with fall vegetables.  It is hard to grow things when it is 110 in the summer!
15.  Start reading my Bible!!!!!
Let's just say that I need to pray about his.....
16.  Finish redecorating my room!  I just started re-finishing our mismatched furniture.  Fun and turning out great so far!
Done!


Well, after re-visiting this I don't feel like I got a.lot done, even though I know I have so far this year.  I guess that is the life of a busy, working mom of three, four if you include my husband!  I did learn how to "can" things this summer though, and I enjoy that.

Christine :)

No comments:

Post a Comment