It's the last day of spring break and my heart is breaking. I. Do. Not. Want. To . Go. Back. To. Work.
I have helped a friend with OAMC, cleaned and organized two closets, shredded two years worth of paperwork, cleaned out my 7-year olds room, have a huge pile of items to donate, put 13 years worth of 8x10, 11x14, and 5x7 pictures of the kids out of frames and into a scrapbook, organized my pantry-again, planted a small container garden, and today I will do a craft and hopefully update my ipod. I love the sense of accomplishment I have during breaks! I thought now would be a good time to update my goals I made in January.
1. Exercise 3 times a week. That is not at all what is should be, but it is realistic!
It ranges from 1-2. However, I did complete a half marathon in January and tomorrow I will be completing a 5k with my 11 year old.
2. Go on actual date nights with my husband once a month. Seriously, anyone who has kids and says that they don't need these are full of it!
We have not done this.
3. On a different note, go on "me" time once a month that does not include my nails or hair!
I have gotten my nails done, but other than that I enjoy grocery shopping by myself. HaHa!
4. Every three months, have a fun day with each child, separately!
Last night I took my youngest to have yogurt. So, I am behind, and it wasn't a "day" but we both enjoyed it.
5. Pay off our truck this year!
4 payments left!!
6. Pay off our last credit card!
Hopefully 2 more payments!
7. Find another job. Yup, that is what I said.....lots of details to work out, but the time has come to look on the other side of the rainbow!
I have reached out to many people I know but nothing yet. I am waiting for some letters of recommendation and I have started my resume. I would love to do something from home. I have something I have wanted to do for a while, but I just need to work out more details. Would you buy meals already cooked that are frozen to eliminate the
what's for dinner"? How much would you pay?
8. Re-do our laundry room.
9. Organize old pictures in frames and boxes. You know, the old light oak that used to be in style....time to repaint and re-hang.
Half done, just need to paint and hang the ones I want to hung up. Oh, wait, I still have thousands of pictures that are 4x6. I have all year to do this, right??
10. Try 2 new recipes a month. I have a ton "pinned" on Pinterest, let's get cookin!
We have tried new recipes thanks to my OAMC club and I have tried a few on Pinterest. SO if you follow me on Pinterest, the whole wheat pancakes are blah....but my youngest loves them!
11. Re-decorate youngest daughter's room to a "big girl room" AHHH!
12. Save $100.00 a month into savings!
Done!! :) Still going....
13. Go to therapy - are you still reading this......
14. Plant a container garden!
I have started this! This week we planed zucchini, cucumber, ans watermelon. We also bought a strawberry plant, tomato plant, and two zucchini that already started to grow.
15. Start reading my Bible!!!!!
No, very sad to say!
16. Finish redecorating my room! I just started re-finishing our mismatched furniture. Fun and turning out great so far!
The furniture looks great, now I just need my husband to hang the decorations and frames I got. Getting there.
So, overall I think I have a good start to my goals. I will re-visit them in June!
Committing to Chronicling Life in 2017
9 months ago