Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Let's Freeze!

I have had a very busy summer.  Normally, as a teacher, I enjoy summer a little too much.  I have to say that this summer that did not happen.  Now I did squeeze in two weeks of camping and 2 night in Vegas.  However, the rest of the summer I worked!  I had a great opportunity to earn some extra cash and help out a company I believe in. 
Normally by this time in the summer my freezer is happy.  I enjoy cooking once a month, freezer cooking, batch cooking, whatever you prefer to call it.  As my summer job is winding down I have been able to make and freeze some items.  I made 10 burritos for lunches.  They are healthy too!  My grocery store also had chicken on sale, so I made 3 packages in the crock pot, shredded it and then froze it for future meals.  Tomorrow I am hoping to make waffles.  Freezer cooking for me is such a time saver.  It makes me smile when I know meals are in the freezer.
  I have been scouring the Internet the last few nights looking for new recipes.  I am hoping to do a cooking session this weekend.  Yeah....
It is a lot of work, but it is something that I enjoy.  I will let you know how it went!

1 comment: