Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Breakfast is served!

Hello blog! So nice to see you again! The school year kept me a little busier that I would have liked. My blog was put on the back burner. So, with the return of summer vacation, here is the return of my blog. Yeah!

My kids are not cereal eaters. Which is fine by me.
Last night I stocked my freezer with breakfast options for the kids.

Whole wheat waffles- These are common in our house. They are healthy, and the kids like them. I use applesauce instead of oil. I also add flax seed.

Strawberry-kiwi muffins - I like the fruit in these. I use whole wheat flour in these and I only use 1 cup of sugar.

French toast sticks - These are new. The recipe linked says toddler french toast sticks, just don't let your older kids read that part. :) This was my first time making these, so I stuck with the recipe. Next time I will not add the sugar. I do not see the purpose.

So after three hours of work, my kitchen was a mess, but I was happy with the outcome. What do you stock your freezer with?

1 comment:

  1. Great recipes. And since money is going to be "awful" tight, stockpiling will take on a whole new meaning.

    ReplyDelete