Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Most people see me as a pretty quiet person. I don't complain too much, I am generally happy, and I can even be seen as "reserved". However, sometimes I just need to EXPLODE. It only happens about once or twice a year, because the rest of the year I just tuck my emotions, feelings, and fears away. Lucky for you today is MY day. Don't ask me why I have decided to vent on my blog. Maybe because no one reads it? Maybe because it is quiet in the house and this is like therapy? I don't know. But it feels good to write(type).
So here it goes.....
Seven weeks ago a hard working, dedicated, team-player, problem-solver, was laid off of his job. HE happens to be my husband. People who do their job and and do it well are not supposed to get laid off. People who outperform others are not supposed to get laid off. People who show up for their job are not supposed to get laid off. People who others look up to are not supposed to get laid off. Now for the emotional side..... People who have families are not supposed to be laid off...if they do all of the above. People should not have to explain to their children they did not get fired, but that they got laid off, and then explain what that means! People who are GOOD are not supposed to get laid off.
Yes I am angry, and bitter, and heart broken, and uncertain of the future. I know that God has a plan and I know that I am not in control. I know that whatever happens that as long as our family is together, everything will be okay. I know that three years from now we will look back and see how we depended on each other and God to get through this. I know that there is a light at the end of the tunnel.....but can someone please turn it on?

2 comments:

  1. Christine, I read your blog!! And I'm so sorry to hear about your husband's job. It always amazes me too how some people do nothing and get paid more than they should and keep their jobs and others who work hard, lose theirs. Dakota's job has been going through some lay-offs too, we're okay but you never know. Hang in there, thinking of you and your beautiful family! Hugs, E :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, thanks Eleanor. :)
    I know that so many people are going through more that what they ever thought they would right now. Thanks for listening. :) I will be praying for Dakota's job.

    ReplyDelete