Thursday, July 9, 2009

Baking Day

Today I baked some goodies to store in the freezer for easy breakfasts/snacks for a later time.

First I made whole wheat waffles. I make these regularly and they are great!

Then I made pumpkin chocolate chip muffins. Lastly I made Good-For-You Choc-Oat-Chip Cookies. The recipes are below. The last two aren't that healthy, but I made modifications where I could to eliminate some fat/calories.

Enjoy!



Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins (from Money Saving Mom)

4 eggs

2 cups sugar

1 (15oz) can pureed pumpkin

1 1/2 cups oil (I use unsweetened applesauce instead)

3 cups flour ( I use whole wheat flour)

2 tsp baking soda

2 tsp baking powder

1 tsp ground cinnamon

1 tsp salt

1 12 oz package chocolate chips



In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs, sugar, pumpkin, and oil until smooth. Add dry ingredients and mix well. Fold in chocolate chips. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups 3/4 full and bake 16-20 minutes at 400 degrees. Makes 24-30 muffins.



Good-For-You Choc-Oat Chip Cookies

I got this from Nestle. Click here for the recipe.



Now I am off to do the dishes!

No comments:

Post a Comment