Sunday, June 7, 2009

Bountiful Baskets

Yesterday I participated in a food co-op for produce. I went through Bountiful Baskets Food Co-op. I used to participate regularly. It is worth every penny and I decided to participate again. For $15.00 this is what I got:

1 head lettuce

1 bag of cherries

1 bunch of asparagus

1 english cucumber

9 bananas

1 head of cauliflower

1 watermelon

1 cantaloupe

2 red peppers

11 fuji apples

10 peaches

9 roma tomatoes



I am thinking it would have cost around $30.00 in the stores. Here is some more information about the co-op. If you live where they offer something like this, I highly recommend it!

About Bountiful Baskets Co-op
Bountiful Baskets is not a business. It is a group of people who work together for mutual benefit. We are up front and open about how things work. Our policies are as follows:
Bountiful Baskets Food Co-op serves the Phoenix Metro Area, and we are branching out to Tucson, Yuma, Flagstaff, Northern Arizona, and Utah. We run at least every two weeks at each site. We are completely volunteer-run and make no profit. We have the following distribution sites and look forward to adding other distribution sites as volunteers are trained and ready to open them! Please see our home page for a complete listing of current sites.


No comments:

Post a Comment