Saturday, May 30, 2009

More Veggies Please!

My children are really good about eating their vegetables. But what mother wouldn't want their child to get even more into their diet? Almost two years ago I bought Jessica Seinfeld's book, Deceptively Delicious, in a quest to get my youngest to eat her veggies. It worked then, but finding time to puree is difficult during the school year. So, I decided to puree some veggies today. Today I spent about 2 hours steaming and pureeing carrots, butternut squash, spinach, and sweet potatoes. Over the next few weeks my children will be getting more veggies hidden in some of their favorite meals(english muffin pizzas, grilled cheese, mac n cheese). My two oldest will know about the deception, but not my four year old. (Although she may figure it out.) Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. I often make pumpkin muffins for my dd who avoids veggies. I just use a cake mix (reduced sugar type is even better) and a can of pure pumpkin and 1/2 cup of water. That's it. Mix it all together and bake your muffins/cupcakes about 30 minutes or so. Check for doneness. These are very moist. Dd loves them, especially with devil's food or chocolate cake mix.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds delicious. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete